Is HIIT good for FAT LOSS?
High Intensity Interval Training involves short bursts of intense exercise alternated with low intensity recovery periods.
Despite the short duration (10-30mins), HIIT can produce health benefits similar to twice as much moderate intensity exercise.
- HIIT can burn a lot of calories in a short amount of time.
- Your metabolic rate is higher for hours after exercise.
- HIIT helps you lose body fat and reduce waist circumference.
- HIIT helps lower blood sugar and improve insulin sensitivity.
- HIIT improves oxygen consumption.
It’s an efficient way to lose weight if you are short for time.